Sunday, May 13, 2012

Spaghetti Squash and Snowcones

Happy Mother's Day! I received a sterling silver pearl ring and a Mom picture frame and I am told there is a candle waiting for me. I did however , have to do all the cooking , cleaning and laundry today. I also had to help the youngest do her state in a box project. It wasn't very relaxing at all. My husband played golf , and watched a golf tournament all day. He was also served lunch and dinner and dessert while he watched the TV. I think we should switch... on Father's Day he can take care of me.  Today I made spaghetti squash spaghetti and I told the kids to try it and if they didn't like it , I would make them regular noodles ( I have a few items in the cupboard I didn't throw out in case non primal folks came over) They did ask for the regular noodles before they even tried these ! I told them no they could eat the spaghetti squash if I could. It was really good ! My middle daughter loved my sauce. Everyone finished their dinner. I am attributing this to the fact it was good because I did feed them all lunch today.
They have been bugging me for snow cones for the last month so I decided to let them have one for dessert.

NOT PRIMAL - DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EAT THESE ! 



Here is the Spaghetti squash Spaghetti




Ingredients :
One spaghetti squash 
1 large can diced tomatoes 
1 can tomatoes paste 
As much as you want of the following spices 
Italian seasoning 
onion powder
garlic powder
garlic
pepper
salt
oregano 
basil
one pound ground meat 

Directions for Squash - 
cut in half and microwave each side for 8 minutes, take a fork and scrape the insides out 
Directions for sauce  -
Take can of tomatoes and paste and blend in food processor, put in a pot and add seasonings until it tastes like you want it to ! 
I cook the ground meat itself and then add it to the sauce.

Add a little shredded Parmesan and mozzarella and that's all there is to it  ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment