Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mama Mia Cauliflower pizza !

I don't have a lot of time to write today but I would like to share that we had cauliflower pizza and I will post the recipe . I am showing pics but it is not the pizza from tonight. I make one large pizza and make half with what I like and half with what the Husband likes. My side hardly has anything because I am really picky. I put some tomatoes , sausage , spinach and pineapple and cheese on mine. The other side had mushrooms and onions and olives added to it. I also made my own spaghetti sauce because we all got sick off the store bought sauce. I really think it was the sugar in it. Making it yourself is really quick and easy, I take one can of diced tomatoes , one can of tomato paste and I blend it in the food processor. Then I put it in the pot and add some garlic powder , onion powder and some Italian seasoning and a little salt and pepper. The picture below has fresh mozzarella on it . Which I prefer ... but wasn't able to get tonight. I made this the first time awhile ago and cant remember where I got the recipe so I am not able to give the credit to the person I got it from.



1 large cauliflower (2-3 cups riced cauliflower)
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp each pizza spices : oregano, garlic, etc
Your favorite pizza toppings (including more mozzarella!)
Pizza sauce if desired

Instructions
Rice cauliflower - grate or pulse in food processor. Cook in microwave for approx 7 minutes until cauliflower is cooked though. Do NOT add water!
Mix riced cauliflower, shredded cheese, eggs and spices in a large bowl.
Spread mixture on parchment paper covered baking sheet
Bake in 450 degree oven for 15 minutes
Remove from oven and add toppings
Return to oven and bake until cheese has melted

No comments:

Post a Comment