Sunday, May 6, 2012

Easy like a Sunday Morning

This week just flew by. It was a rough one. My daughter was in a play so I was busy spending my evenings watching a group of kids aged 9-13. This is not easy... Trust me . I think I used 3 of my migraine pills this week.  I am so glad this week is over and a new one is beginning.  I went to the flea market all day Saturday and didn't make much money, but it was a good learning experience. I fried! My hands are sunburned and my forehead and nose hurts so bad ! My daughter  brought some old books to sell and every time she made some money she would spend it. She took home a lot of stuff with her $8.00 ! Today was relax day , I worked on some crafts , cleaned a bit and went shopping. The hubby went golfing and I slept till 9 am.  This evening I made lasagne with zucchini for noddles . It was messy but very tasty! I also made dessert - strawberry shortcake. Tasted just as good as the real thing. Just what I needed. I almost had a breakdown last night because I am just bored.  I am bored with food and the effort it takes to make it now. We ended up having steak salad last night but I really wanted the Mexican restaurant down the road.  I  had forgotten that the Hubby thinks iceberg lettuce has no nutritional value at all and their taco salads are chock full of it .  I know it doesn't but I didn't care , I wasn't going for nutritional value I was going for taste. My salad had a hearty helping of iceberg and his green leaf  :) I think this lasagne and shortcake was just what I needed to get out of my funk.
Here is the shortcake and I plan on making this a lot this summer. Its Kid and Husband approved!
I got this recipe from www.glutenfreefix.com 
 There are some amazing recipes on there and I will definitely be trying some more of them !  





Strawberry Shortcake


Shortcake:
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
4 eggs
2-4 TBSP honey (depending on how sweet you want the shortcake)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt

If you want to make the coconut whipped cream here is the recipe. I used whipping cream with a little stevia for my whipped cream.
 
Coconut Milk Whipped Cream:
1 can full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk, refrigerated
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 tsp honey or pure maple syrup (if desired)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 3 ramekins , muffin tins or whoopie pie pans with coconut oil. In a large bowl, beat together butter (or coconut oil), honey, eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and beat until well-combined and no lumps remain. Pour into 3 ramekins (leave room for the shortcakes to to rise). Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes, carefully remove from ramekin and let cool completely.




No comments:

Post a Comment