Monday, June 11, 2012

No work ! Time to Cook !


Today I was off work so I cooked up a storm. To start the day I made the kiddo's blueberry and chocolate chip muffins. Then I made an Almond Joy freezer pie The crust on this pie is amazing! I added a couple teaspoons of coconut crystals to it. Snack time I  made the Kale Chips.  I made some Parmesan popcorn chicken with broccoli for dinner. The kids LOVED the kale chips and the pie. The muffins were okay and the popcorn chicken was a little dry. I think I may have cooked it too long waiting for a golden brown color I never achieved. We will definitely be making all of these recipes again ! The weight loss has slowed down dramatically now that I am down to the last 20 pounds I want to lose. According to Marks Daily apple my Body will just stop losing when I am where I am supposed to be ... I am hoping this is not it lol.  I ate too much cheese and chocolate last week so I am trying to stick to meats and veggies right now. My middle daughter who is not primal except for when shes at my house has been doing really well !  She is always up to try new things .
 I am very proud of her !


 Blueberry Muffin

Chocolate Chip Muffin




KALE CRISPS 


Parmesan Kale Crisps
From Glutenfreefix.com
  • 1 large bunch of curly kale
  • olive oil, for coating- about 1/4 cup
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea  salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Wash and dry kale, remove leaves from tough core.
  3. In a food processor, pulse together cheese, garlic powder, salt, paprika and pepper. 
  4. Massage olive oil into kale leaves. 
  5. Toss in parmesan mixture, coating the kale evenly.
  6. Spread into a single layer onto baking sheets.
  7. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until crisp.

 Kids LOVE them !


I saved the best for last

Almond Joy Freezer Pie 





For the crust:
3/4 cup almond flour
3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
1/4 tsp. celtic sea salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted over low heat
1 Tbsp. coconut palm sugar (optional for a slightly sweeter crust)
2 tsp. organic vanilla
In a large bowl combine almond flour, toasted coconut and salt.  Whisk together coconut oil, palm sugar (if using) and vanilla.  Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and thoroughly combine.  Press mixture into desired dessert dish (9″ pie plate, mini cheesecake pans, springform pan or square 9×9 dish).  Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool completely on a wire rack.
For the filling:
5 small ripe bananas, peeled and broken into small pieces (about 14-16 ounces peeled)
1 cup organic coconut milk, canned
1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder (or your favorite unsweetened cocoa powder)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until very smooth, about 3 minutes on high-speed.  Check to make sure all the banana is pureed before filling the crust.  Pour filling into your cooled crust and sprinkle toppings (listed below) across the top of the filling.  Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
For the topping:
1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1-2 oz. finely chopped or shaved dark chocolate (I use 70% or higher)
Set the dessert at room temperature about 20 minutes before serving, cut with a sharp knife, ENJOY!







No comments:

Post a Comment