Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The First Post

The First Post , well let me start with why I decided to start this blog... I see a lot of people starting this Primal way of living and frankly I don't feel like commenting every time I try a new recipe or think of something new to make. This is a great way to share with friends, family and strangers. Instead of bombarding all my Facebook friends with pictures of my food they could care less about why not post it all in one place and let the ones that actually care check it out if they want to.  So once I figure this all out I will post the picture of the Lemon Raspberry cheesecake I made this weekend. So yummy.  I figure I should also post a little bit about me and my family. Just enough so you get to know us but not enough for a stalker or serial killer to come get us. Oh Yes, I have just found the insert picture link. See this awesome cheesecake below and enjoy this recipe I found and changed.


Ingredients

  • 1 tsp Real Vanilla extract
  • 1/2  Lemon  juice and zest
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 8 oz Plain Greek Yogurt Full fat
  • 1/2 cup real Maple Syrup 
  • 4 whole eggs
  • 16 oz Full fat cream cheese
  • Couple teaspoons of Stevia  
  • Raspberries , Fresh or Frozen

Process

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Make any crust you want. I use a nut blend , 1 cup pecans, 1/2 cup almonds Grind in food processor, little bit of maple syrup and one tablespoon of almond butter. Mix up there's crust.
  3. Press the crust batter into the bottom of the pan, forming an even layer
  4. Combine cheesecake ingredients in a large mixing bowl, blending eggs into the batter one at a time.
  5. Blend cheesecake batter with a hand mixer until smooth.
  6. Pour mixture over the crust.
  7. Bake at 350°F for 65 minutes.
  8. Chill until serving
  9.  Add some frozen or fresh raspberries and there you have it ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment