Monday, July 30, 2012

The Ice Cream Experiment

Finally after 2 months of not losing anything I finally lost another pound! The hubby is doing great too !  We have experimented with Ice cream the last few days. I made some coconut mint choc chip Ice cream and It was okay. I am not a big fan.  We tried butter pecan and raspberry . I used a recipe that called for eggs half and half and whipping cream. My husband liked the butter pecan , the kids and I did not like either.  So last night I tried to make my bag ice cream but in the ice cream mixer. I used half and half , stevia, pureed strawberries and vanilla.  That was the best one so far.  I am not sure if it was the eggs or the whipping cream in the previous recipe that we did not like.  I would like to try a paleo version of chocolate chip cookie dough for the kids before they go home.  This week I plan on making Berry Almond chicken salad, chicken Parmesan and Chicken and Gravy. For dessert I am going to make a Bavarian Apple Cheesecake. Check back this week for the recipes and pics !

Strawberry Ice Cream 


No comments:

Post a Comment